Beauty and the Beast

By 19:19 ,

This Disney classic garnered a lot of press attention, and rightly so, I thoroughly enjoyed going to see it. 
I was able to go the week it came out (I have to apologise for the amount of time it has taken me to write this post) and I loved it!

Firstly, the cast was amazing, I would say 'don't get me started' but by writing this post I am literally 'getting started'. Emma Watson is such a superstar, she is classy in elegant in everything that she does and she is the most brilliant Belle. A staunch supporter of feminism she brings a new sense of power and independence to the Disney princess. I personally think she was a very good choice for the part, a great person for children across the world to look up to. As well as Emma Watson there is also the brilliant Dan Stevens, who you might recognise from Downton Abbey, who plays a Beast that transforms (literally and metaphorically) during the play as he falls in love with Belle. If the two leads are not enough, then there is also Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson, Josh Gad (who is particularly fun), Luke Evans (as the exceptionally arrogant Gaston), and Stanley Tucci.

The film not only has the original songs, but also some excellent additions which round out the film well. My favourite song has to be 'Be Our Guest', which had amazing animation, go and see the film just for that! 

I loved it, and I would also love to hear what you thought. What was your favourite or least favourite bit?

Have a wonderful week!


Photos courtesy of Disney

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't watched it yet, but I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good - I watched it again recently on DVD and fell in love all over again!

      Delete