Word of the Week 30 7 16

By 12:11

This week my word of the week is:

SHARING

This week you may know if you follow me on Twitter (@theclumsyword) I have been staying in Derbyshire near Ashbourne. There were many words I could have chosen, it was a really relaxing holiday and I really enjoyed having a bubble bath each evening, there was a lot of walking, a lot of picnics and a lot of sheep! In the end though I had to go for sharing, isn't that what holidays are really all about?

We visited a lot of National Trust houses and now there are lots of people on the school holidays, we had to share the rooms with hoards of other people. I particularly enjoyed Sudbury Hall, and of course Kedleston is a favourite of us all, what are your favourite places to visit?

I shared my favourite jam tarts at picnic times, and by the time we got to lunchtime not everyone wanted the sandwiches they had chosen that morning, so there was a lot of sharing involved there.
In the car journeys we have had to share what music we listen to all the way from Florence and the Machine, Bastille, to High School Musical! With only two chargers and a bunch of devices, we all had to share the chargers and hope that our phone's batteries lasted a long time. 

We also got to share a wonderful week, a lot of sunny days and yummy treats, and of course now I am sharing all of this with you! I would love to know what everyone else has been doing, and sharing, this first week of the summer holidays. 

Have a wonderful week, 

The Clumsy Wordshaker

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Great word to go for, as you're right, spending time with family definitely involves sharing. I love Sudbury Hall as we all enjoy the museum there. Glad you've had a good week x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to join in with #WotW again, hope you had a good week as well

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lot of lovely sharing moments! Thanks for sharing! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, hope you've had a good week
      #WotW

      Delete
  3. Great word and sounds like a great week, there is nothing better than sharing family time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Hope you had a great week #wotw

      Delete
  4. Lovely word and I love Derbyshire - sounds like you've had a fab week and that bath looks fab. I love Haddon Hall although not sure if that's close to where you were. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea, I will keep that in mind and take a look next time I'm in the area! #wotw

      Delete
  5. Great word! Sounds like a great time made even better by sharing #WotW

    ReplyDelete